When you have tooth damage or decay, you can’t help but notice its impact on your smile and confidence. In the past, extensively damaged teeth had to be removed and replaced by dentures. However, several options exist today to preserve teeth, even when significantly compromised. Porcelain dental crowns are among the most popular choice for patients looking for a durable, life-looking way to restore a damaged tooth.
Looking for a dentist that does crowns in Acton, Massachusetts? Please schedule an appointment with Acton Dental Associates for porcelain dental crowns.
Benefits of porcelain dental crowns
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap used to repair teeth. While dental crowns can be made from several materials, including metal and resin, we prefer porcelain material because it closely mimics your natural enamel.
Actual Patients Before and After Results
If you want to restore your damaged tooth with a crown, you can’t go wrong with porcelain crowns. Following are the many benefits of porcelain crowns:
- Natural-looking: Porcelain looks and feels like natural teeth. Each porcelain crown is customized to preserve the natural appearance of your smile. We achieve this milestone by taking impressions of your teeth. These impressions help our dental lab to fabricate dental crowns that match your tooth’s specifications. Once a crown restores your tooth, it blends with your entire smile — no one can distinguish it from the other teeth
- Stain-resistant: Unlike natural teeth, porcelain crowns are impermeable, meaning they don’t absorb stains. Porcelain crowns allow you to wear a radiant smile for as many years until your restorations are due for replacement
- Minimal maintenance: You don’t need to learn special oral hygiene rituals to maintain dental crowns. Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste twice daily. Conscientiously floss your teeth at least once every day. Lastly, remember to see your dentist twice a year or more frequently if you are at risk of gum disease and cavities
- Versatility: A while back, dentists only used porcelain crowns for the front teeth. However, technological advancements have improved the resilience of porcelain crowns more than ever. Modern porcelain crowns are durable enough even to restore teeth that face daily chewing and grinding forces
- Durability: Porcelain crowns last an average of 10-15 years, but we have seen well-maintained crowns that go well past this period. Porcelain dental crowns are a fantastic investment for your smile and oral health
- Biocompatibility: Unlike metal crowns, porcelain crowns are “friendly” to the body, resulting in minimal allergic reactions
- Comfort: Porcelain material is easily moldable to any shape and size to fit comfortably in the patient’s mouth. Most patients quickly forget they are wearing a porcelain crown within days after the procedure
Would you like to restore your smile with dental crowns in Acton, MA? Please call (978) 881-5826 to schedule a consultation with Drs. Eric Block and Erich Kronenwett.
Share this Article